Saturday, June 28, 2003

Hardware leak

I had to go down to the hardware store in town to get a shovel so I could plant some lavender in our side yard out here. The town was packed with fire engines and rescue vehicles. At first, I thought there was some sort of crap parade going on that was blocking Montauk Highway. It turned out that the Greek restaurant next door to the hardware store had just experienced a small fire. Everything was blocked off, although the cop let me in to buy my shovel. The store owner said that they thought the fire was out, but then they were worried about a gas leak. I actually thought I smelled the leak, and was about to say something, but then I realized that it was coming from the guy behind the register. Either way, I was getting out of there as quickly as I could.

No comments: