Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Get your gas at CITGO!

I've decided that since I have to use gasoline to continue my decadent American way of life, I had better find a favorite gas company. I'm going with Citgo.

- Citgo is wholly owned by PetrĂ³leos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of Venezuela.
- Venezuela's president is Hugo Chavez. He's kind of nuts, but he is a vehement enemy of President Bush - and he withstood a coup attempt that we winked at a few years ago.
- Chavez likes to embarrass Bush. His latest act is to undercut other oil companies by having Citgo sell heating oil to the poorest neighborhoods in Boston and NYC for steep discounts.

Bush won't help the poor buy heating oil. Another country's president, Hugo Chavez, wants to show his commitment to the disadvantaged in the United States. He's doing more than our government is, and that's pretty shameful. Citgo deserves praise and support for saving lives this winter with their cheap oil plan.

No comments: