Sunday, November 20, 2005

Photos of NYC

I put up a few new photos today - the last five in this gallery. I took them from Brooklyn Heights Promenade, which is a long walkway built directly over the BQE. It's got amazing views of Lower Manhattan, and I strongly suggest that you go there next time you're in the city. (It's just south of the Brooklyn Bridge.

The two Statue of Liberty shots are actually the same pic. It was shot with a graduated neutral density filter, making the sky exposure closer to the water. It also darkened the statue itself, which was OK because I was going for silhouette. The second picture was the first one given an auto-contrast and some extra saturation. No unnatural colors were used in the making of these shots.

The panorama was a few shots stitched together, but I'm not happy with it yet. I'm going to put together a couple more to see if I can improve it.

No comments: